Ever wondered how to make those Paper Medallions? Here’s a great DIY tutorial! Perfect for party hosts! These DIY medallions look really nice when hung up in a group, as great gift toppers or to dress up a flower arrangement. Try different papers, punches, colors…almost anything goes!
- A4 + Sturdy Paper (or you can also use colored papers or printed gift wrappers)
- Double-sided tape or glue sticks
- Printable templates on this article
Step by Step Instructions
- First, print the template on A4 paper. You can do four medallions per sheet of A4 paper.
- Cut out the template.
- Make small holes with the needle in the model.
- Using the needle and the ruler set the pleats along all straight lines.
- Then fold the piece of paper (accordion-fold style).
- Cut out the diamond shapes.
- Cut wire/string to about an arm length.
- Thread the wire/string in every hole (except the first hole and the last hole).
- Glue one end of the sheet to the other end. You can use double-sided tape or glue (especially well wait for the glue to dry before finishing the rest of the steps).
- Thread the wire through the last hole.
- Pull the ends of the wire until they are tight and then press to flatten
- Tie a double knot to secure. It must be tight enough so that the medallion remains flat.
To view the complete tutorial and other craft ideas, please visit Minieco.