Paper pom poms are an easy and inexpensive way to spruce up your party. You can make several of these to adorn everything from your reception tables to your DIY photobooth walls. They are super versatile because they can be customized to fit your style and party colors. If you are interested in making these super cute paper pom poms, read on for more details!
- Tissue wrapping paper or Japanese Paper
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut 5 pieces of tissue wrapping paper in the shape of a square. Bigger squares mean bigger pom poms. Layer the five pieces over each other.
- Fold the layers of tissue paper in accordion style.
- Fold it around 5 times.
- Fold the tissue paper in half. Tie the center with a piece of twin and thread. Snip off any excess string with your scissors.
- Cut both ends of your folded tissue paper in a curve. This will make the scalloped edges or petals of the pom pom.
- Slowly and gently, unfurl your pom pom by pulling up one layer at a time towards the center. If you accidentally tear a layer, no worries! The tissue paper is flexible enough to hide any errors you might come across!
To view the complete tutorial and other craft ideas, please visit Evermine Weddings.